If you take your camera equipment with you on a pretty frequent basis, having a camera bag can help protect it and makes it much easier to keep everything in one place. A good camera bag can be pretty expensive, but with this tutorial by photographer Allen Mowery, you can turn a cheap canvas messenger bag into a nice looking DIY waxed camera bag for half the price.
For this project, you'll need a canvas messenger bag, a camera insert, and some paraffin wax, which can be found in the canning aisle of most grocery stores.
After melting the wax in a double boiler, Allen used a small brush to paint the wax onto the outside of the bag, using a thicker coat on the seams and bottom.
After the wax cooled, he put the bag inside a pillow case, tied the end, and threw it in the dryer for 15-30 minutes to make the wax more even. If you want to give it extra protection, you can always put on another coat or two.
Check out the video to see the entire process.
For more details, be sure to check out the full tutorial over on Allen's blog.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades