When you're shooting in the rain (or other extreme weather conditions), there's a lot more to think about since cameras and water don't exactly mix well. An umbrella will protect your gear, but unless you have someone to hold it for you, it can be a pain to use.
Here's a simple (and cheap!) DIY umbrella holder by Digital Camera World that attaches onto your tripod so you can get those gorgeous rain shots—without having to hire a personal assistant.
All you need is two L-brackets, a flat piece of steel, a short piece of steel or copper pipe, and a few P-clamps. First, attach the brackets to the flat piece in a T shape. Separate your tripod head and screw the brackets onto the tripod head.
Attach the P-clamps to the section of pipe, then bolt it onto the bracket. Now, just insert your umbrella (preferably golf-style with a straight handle) into the pipe and you're done!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades