"Photo Grandpa" aka Fotoopa (that's photograndpa in Dutch) has created an amazing laser rig for ultra-high speed photography.
"His setup includes his own custom shutter—which can fire at five microseconds—made around an Arduino controller and custom aluminum parts, extra lenses to search for insects in focus, and a reflected laser light system that allows him to move around anywhere to shoot his photos. The rig can work in broad daylight or total darkness, and it doesn't need any setup except adjusting the sensitivity of the lasers depending on the ambient light. The whole thing is self-contained.
The focus range detector works from 1mm to 700mm from the camera, and the firing mechanism is capable of detecting flying objects two millimeters in diameter."
Check out some of his work below (to view all, visit his Flickr page).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades