Samsung is helping photographers in getting more utility out of their cameras with their new Samsung Smart Camera App. With it, your device becomes a powerful viewfinder for your Samsung camera, allowing you to not only frame shots, but control multiple aspects of the camera, right through your phone.
Instant syncing, cloud upload, baby monitor mode, and quick NFC connections (sorry iPhoners) make this companion app a must have if you're rocking one of Samsung's shooters.
A touch from an NFC-capable Android device is by far the easiest method, but if you have an older Android device or an Apple iOS device, you can use an ad-hoc WiFi connection.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi function on the phone and make sure it's connected to the same network as the Samsung DSLR or point-and-shoot (set your camera's mode to "Wi-Fi" as well).
- Open the Samsung Smart Camera App icon on the phone and make sure it is connected to the camera.
- After the Samsung Smart Camera App is running normally, the camera will connect to your phone through Wi-Fi for any camera function or file sharing.
- Click on "remote viewfinder" on your camera.
At this point, you will be able to use your phone as a viewfinder wherever you are.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades