Choosing the right tripod stand can be a difficult decision, but if you want to avoid the hassle and save some money, making your own easy to use tripod can be the best way to go. If this tennis ball tripod isn't right for you, then maybe this disposable razors one by Instructables user Jawasan will do.
This tripod stand only works for small cameras, so make sure yours is light enough before you start.
The most difficult part of this project is making the camera stand that you see in the middle of the razors. Jawasan used an old piece of wood and cut out a triangle, then drilled a hole 1/2 an inch wide and deep enough to fit the head of a bolt into.
He finished drilling the hole with a 1/4 inch bit (same width as the bolt), then attached the bolt to the triangle.
For the legs, he used three disposable razors with pivoting heads and rubber handles (for the grip). He then used hot glue to attach the razor blades to the camera stand.
The pivoting heads allow you to adjust the height of the stand like so:
Now, all you have to do is place your camera on the mount and get ready to shoot.
You can find more photos and the step-by-step process over atJawasan's tutorial.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades