"The word 'Bokeh' derives from the Japanese for 'blur' or 'haze', and in photography describes the effect found in out-of-focus regions of images. Different lens designs, aperture shapes and sizes, and various depths of field have profound effects on the type and extent of bokeh produced in a photograph. Bokeh happens in the areas of an image beyond the depth of focus; by playing with focus and lens, photographers can create some stunning images."
And better yet, Hongkiat has also provided a link round-up of tutorials on how to do-it-yourself. Hongkiat's recommended sites below, as well as a selection from their gallery of Bokeh images.
- DSLR Bokeh Tutorial
- Pocket Camera Bokeh Tutorial
- DIY – Create Your Own Bokeh
- Awesome Digital Bokeh Effect in Photoshop
- Colourful Bokeh Effect in Pixelmator
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades