Professional camera cleaning is expensive and usually more than you need. Follow these simple steps to keep your lenses clear and smudge-free.
You Will Need
* A blower brush or ear syringe
* A camel hair lens brush
* A lens cloth or tissue
* Lens cleaner
Step 1: Brush first
Use a blower brush to remove dust and dirt. If you don't have a blower brush, use an ear syringe. Next, brush the lens with a camel hair lens brush.
Step 2: Wipe second
Breathe on the lens; then wipe off smudges with a lens cloth or lens tissue. If that doesn't work, put a drop of lens cleaner on the cloth and try again. Wipe gently in a circular motion, working outward from the center.
A microfiber lens cloth can be hand washed without detergent and reused. A lens tissue can be used only once.
Step 3: Clean other parts
Clean the rear lens element, as well as filters and lens caps to avoid transferring dust to the lens.
Do not use rubbing alcohol or eyeglass tissues to clean a lens. Each contains added chemicals that can damage or leave a coating on the lens.
Step 4: Keep it clean
Clean your lenses as seldom as possible. Every time you clean a lens you risk scratching it or damaging its coating. Always store your camera in a case with the lens cap on.
Fact: The first photograph, taken in 1826 in France, required an eight-hour exposure.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades