Via the Aperture Foundation:
"Sarah Pickering identifies England's entry into the war in Iraq as the inspiration for her Explosion series. Pickering photographed the tactical use of controlled explosions used by the British military to add realistic stress to training exercises. The images suggest the violence of combat while altering traditions of landscape photography reaffirming the 'power of the photograph to extract something and represent it as well.'"
Check out her speech in the video below. What do you think? Does the art successfully convey the message?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades